FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 13, 2007
For more information:
IWMF Calls for Applications for U.S. Leadership Institute for Women Journalists
Washington, DC – The International Women's Media Foundation is now seeking applications for its 2007 Leadership Institute for Women Journalists. The innovative program will be held July 16-20 in Chicago.
The deadline for applications is April 16, 2007.
The week-long institute offers opportunities for women journalists to:
- Develop skills that will have an immediate impact in their journalism careers
- Network with colleagues from across the country
- Participate in interactive sessions on leadership issues
- Explore what it takes to be a media leader
- Develop an action plan for future career goals
Sessions will be led by leaders in the U.S. media including:
- Marci Burdick, Senior Vice President/Broadcast, Schurz Communications
- Jill Geisler, Leadership & Management Group Leader, Poynter Institute
- Liza Gross, Managing Editor/Presentation & Operations, The Miami Herald
- Marcy McGinnis, news executive, formerly with CBS News
For more information or to apply for the Leadership Institute, visit www.iwmf.org/programs/leadership.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the McCormick Tribune Foundation. The IWMF may offer a limited number of scholarships and travel assistance.
The International Women’s Media Foundation was launched in 1990 with a mission to strengthen the role of women in the news media worldwide. The IWMF network includes women and men in the media in more than 130 countries worldwide.